Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Irish Butter

Sooo My sis and I went to an Irish pub at the District in Tustin for lunch today... and Omg... they had the best veggies EVER!!! We were debating what the creamy stuff they were sitting in was so I checked when I got back to work and it just said butter, salt, and pepper... Confussion.. So I did further investigation. Apparently there Is such a thing as Irish butter. but I wasn't sure what the difference was.

This is all I could find.
"Irish butter, as well as Danish and several other European style butters- have a higher butterfat content thatn amreican butters. they are creamier, have a smoother moughfeel, and sometimes even a slightly cheesy charachter to their taste.
The butters are made from mik from different breeds of cow that are fed in different climates eating different fodder- all factors that influence the final product. American butter, by contrast is waxier, blander, and especially when salted, saltier.
That's not to say I don't use American myself- I dont think the cost is worth the extra 3-5% butterfat. But it is delicous when someone else is paying!"

Now I must find this... "Irish Butter" and make it a staple in my cooking. cuz Omg... sooo good.

Oh the Pub was awesome too... Though fairly dead for lunch time. It's called Auld Dubliner. I was impressed.


-Update-
KerryGold is a brand of Irish Butter and Irish Cheese that is sold in regular stores in California. Going to be doing some investigating this weekend as to whether this really is the cause of the nummyness that is the veggies at Auld Dubliner.