Friday, August 8, 2008

Giggles

It's amazing how the sound of a giggle can make you so happy. Something so simple and yet filling you with never ending joy to the point you aren't sure if you want to laugh or cry.

I never thought it was possible to gain so much joy out of something so simple. Other than when you're a child of course. But being an adult and watching your child gain such happiness out of such simple things actually manages to make you just as happy as the child experiencing it.

Last night we finally got the baby to giggle repeatedly. And not just once or twice. But over and over and for minutes at a time.

I think the moment of holding him and having him laughing at/with Patrick and I may have been one of the happiest moments in my entire life.

If you'd told me years ago that I'd feel this way I'd have looked at you funny. I mean I knew it would be cool but I had no idea.

So weird.