Monday, August 18, 2008

Ugh it's Monday

Where'd my weekend go?

Well lets see. Friday my friend Nancy dropped by to drop her non-working computer off to be worked on. After she left the baby and I passed out until like 3am the next morning. At which point I sorta dozed in an out of sleep until 6ish when I finally got up.

Saturday morning was spent cleaning bottles and the car in a hurry cuz I had to be at my parent's house by 10am to take them to the airport. I ended up getting done at bit early so I headed up there around 9ish. Grandma and Grandpa were happy to see Nathan before they're trip and ended up taking us to Dennys before actually heading up to LAX. On the drive to LAX we noticed the 405S was going a bit slow but I figured it would clear up sometime in the next hour... Little did I know how wrong I was.

So we got to the airport around 12:15. Which was fine since their flight didn't leave until like 3:30ish? But you never know how long lines in the airport are gonna take these days. So I dropped them off. Everything going well and without a hitch. I should have known something was wrong. I tried to leave the airport and of course people wanted to just stop to the left of me so I couldn't get back into the lane... then I finally get in the lane and people want to unload/drop off From that lane. I get out of the airport finally and I think I'm home free. Baby is asleep and it's all good.

Get on the Freeway heading south... Everything pretty normal until I reach the 605 merger on the 405. And then... Stopped. Ok ok traffic is pretty normal for a Saturday. No worries right? I'm in the fast lane anyway so no hope of escape even if i wanted to. So I'm sitting in traffic pretty much crawling along for an hour and finally decide to call Patrick to find out why. He looks up Sig alert... "Accident at Brookhurst and the 405... Last update at... 11am?" "Huh... Weird... You'd think it would be cleared up by 1:30..." But no other news... And I wait... Finally I remember that AM Station 980 plays the traffic report every 10 min. So I switch over my radio and sure enough... "Things are slow on the 405S... Due to a Big Rig going through the Sound wall at Brookhurst and setting some houses on Fire..." Oh ok.... Wait... WHAT?!?! "Oh don't worry the fire is out... and just the right 2 lanes are closed"... So I'm thinking... How much longer can this possibly take? If it happened like 3 hours ago? Of course the baby wakes up and starts complaining... So I drive for another 30 min with my arm in a horribly uncomfortable position trying to feed him and drive at the same time. At around 2:30ish? This is what I saw...




It's amazing what becomes amuzing when you've been waiting in line 2 hours to see it... I felt like I was at Disneyland and didn't realize i was in the line for It's a Small World instead of Space mountain. Either way... I finally got home at like 3pm. I'm definately making sure to rub this in when my parents get back from their trip.

Note: It turns out the accident wasn't cleaned up until 9:06pm that night. So I guess I should be happy I wasn't stuck in it longer.

After that horrible Saturday morning. I found out the game we usually go to on Saturdays was canceled so we headed up to our friend's house to hang out. Note: we haven't seen these friends in like... almost a year? heh... It was fun... They got to meet the baby and we watched odd movies like Heavy Metal and something else I can't remember.

Sunday was pretty relaxed except that I discovered my Laptop is no longer charging. I tried moving the power plug to another plug and unplugging everything and replugging it in... and restarting the computer. All of which has worked before. But to no avail. So now I have a pretty expensive paper weight sitting on my desk until I can get a new power cord... As long as it's the power cord. Hopefully it's not the battery or the motherboard cuz then I'm really toast.

So now it's Monday... After this weekend I'm not sure if I'm sad or relieved. Ah well what can ya do?