Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Xmas Work Festivities

So Yesterday we had this Holiday sweets potluck at work. Since they've taken away our Christmas party and have tried to take as much cheer out of us as humanly possible lately.
I helped in the planning process and other than some scheduling issues I think everything went pretty well. Here's some pictures.

The Cake I baked: (Amaretto Cake with Green Food Dye in a Christmas Tree Bundt Shape)


We decorated by hanging up Stockings with people's names on them (had them from years gone by) and we had a fake tree that we printed out pictures of everyone and hung them up like ornaments. Came out pretty good looking if I do say so myself.

Then we did both Secret Santa and White Elephant. Secret Santa I'm happy to say went off without a hitch. Everyone remembered, no one was left out. It was all good.
Now... White Elephant on the other hand I wasn't nearly as pleased with. Most people took it seriously this year... There were wonderful things under the tree... An ITunes gift card, Chair/Back Massager, Afghan Disney Blanket, Electronic Sudoku, etc etc... There was really only 1 gift that ended up being opened that no one wanted... Guess who ended up with it...
That just SCREAMS Me doesn't it?... /sigh... Maybe next year.