Friday, July 11, 2008

Daily Poetry Corner

Again?

Did I really think it was possible?
Happiness finally?
Of course not…
I’m always left alone
To rot.

What’s wrong with me?
I always say
It’s not gonna happen again.
But I let it…
Why Do I just…
Never get it…

I guess I never will
All that is left
For me
Are fleeting moments
Of memory.

Everyone loves me…
That’s what they say…
But when I need them…
Where are they?…

Surrounded by People…
Yet always alone…
Sitting atop
My self appointed throne.

Do I do this to myself?
Or am I just damned?
Is there salvation?
Or is this how I’m to end?

Have I been lost for so long?
This is all I can remember…

Have you forsaken me?
Or Have I forsaken you?
It’s been so long…
I don’t even remember anymore…

How long
Have I been out of your light?
Would I even be accepted…
If I died tonight?

Or would I come back?
To die alone again…
Over and Over…
Until the end…