Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I hate government workers

I don't know what's wrong with this country... but for some reason 99% of the people the government hires must all be inbred retards that can't be bothered to learn the basics of how to do their own jobs... I say 99%... I'm sure that there's some decent government workers out there... I just haven't met any of them yet.

Examples starting from most recent to earlier.

Example 1... My disability insurance company just called me to say the CA Disability claims I should have qualified for $0 payout on my maternity leave... wtf?... I told her that was impossible... She said it was probably due to a previous payout... I said I'd never even taken disability before... She was like... Oh... How long have you been in California?... All my life... Uhhh... Huh... well we may have to bill you for the over payment. WTF?!?

Example 2... USPS denies the existence of my address... They seem to ignore the Apt/Unit # on packages and can't seem to even be bothered with trying. 3 times... 1 month... 3 different companies... wtf... seriously...

Example 3... Trying to change my name... This little ordeal took me about 6 months to accomplish. First was the 2hour wait at the SS office... Then I had to get my SS card in the mail... Then I went to the DMV... And they changed it and renewed my License... Or so I thought. I got the print out and everything... 2 months past... No license in the mail... So I called... "Oh I'm sorry... we don't have any record of you ever coming in..." WHAT?!?!... So I go back into the DMV... "Well... It's not in the computer. We'll have to renew it again... " I showed the paper work from the first time... Proving they'd changed my name and I'd paid for everything.. and after a long arguement it was determined I'd have to come BACK in with my Marriage License AGAIN Oh but they couldn't let me leave cuz TECHNICALLY my license was expired soo we'll renew it on your old name and then you can come in Next week and change your name... Which I did... Which was a lie... I had to wait the month to get my new license... Then I had to go back with my Marriage License AGAIN... and they tried to Charge me to change my name!!! After a long arguement AGAIN... They finally did it and said basically that there was no guarantee that if I went into the DMV that anything I did there would actually get done.

Example 4... Patrick tried to file for Unemployment. They sent us 2 letters... both with the wrong SS number... Like completely wrong... So they couldn't verify his qualification... Oh but they couldn't FIX it... He had to RE-apply... Finally they get his SS right... and not only were they only going to pay out 200 a week but... They could only do it from the date that he submitted the LAST request for it... Which wasn't even a week before he managed to get a job. GAHHH!!!

I have more... but I will spare you. Needless to say... I'm very bitter.